As a spray tan artist, you know how it is: clients are always stressed about their first date and they ask a lot of questions!
Here are the best tips to give your clients to prepare for their appointment, as well as things to know when they return home from their appointment.
By giving these tips to your clients, it will reduce stress levels and increase satisfaction with their airbrush tan, because, as we know, it's all about preparation!
Before the appointment
- Take a shower at least 3 hours before the appointment, ideally more than 12 hours.
- Shaving, waxing and exfoliation must be done at least 24 hours before the appointment. It is important to allow amino acids to replenish because DHA needs amino acids to grow. Likewise, the pores must be given time to close before application, otherwise it can leave dark spots. Exfoliation is a crucial step to do!
- Do not use lotions, creams, gels, waxes, shaving creams or other oil-based products as they may leave residue on the skin and prevent the solution from developing properly.
- Do not wear makeup, cream, sunscreen, perfume or deodorant on the day of the appointment.
- Moisturize the skin a few days before the session (not the day of the appointment).
- Wear loose, dark colored clothing after application.
After the meeting
- Avoid activities that stimulate sweating or contact with liquids during the developmental period. If it is raining or snowing outside, wear long, covering clothing.
- Do not apply cream or makeup to the skin during the development period.
- If the appointment is in the evening, go to bed wearing long clothes.
- Wait 8 to 12 hours or 1 to 5 hours before taking a shower, depending on the solution (regular or quick). Refer to the artist for the appropriate delay.
- Rinse the whole body and face thoroughly. Rinse until the water runs clear. For the first shower, it is recommended not to use soap.
- Suggest using a gentle cleanser that is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and alcohol-free. NUDA Shower Gel is recommended to make the result last longer.
- Moisturize the skin daily with an appropriate lotion. Use NUDA body cream for best results.
- Excessive sweating, hot tubs or saunas, prolonged hot baths, or frequent showers can cause faster discoloration.
- Do not epilate the areas where the solution has been applied for the duration of the result. A delicate shave can be done occasionally.
By following these tips, your clients will be ready for their appointment and will love the result of their airbrush tan!